My world!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

San Rafael Swell


Of all the camping we've done, this has been one of my favorite campsites so far. There were little canyons all through the cliffs right by our campsite. They were close enough that the kids could go explore and still be within ear shot. There was a big open space that the boys could ride their motorcycles and the dogs could run. Except for the crack canyon, all of the pictures I posted were at our campsite. Even though Scott took a day off so we had a long weekend, this trip went by way too fast! I'm already looking forward to doing it again!

Our view from the trailer.

The view inside the trailer was just as cute!

At the end of one of the canyons there was a little drop-down. The kids jumped in, and Steph and I had to work together to pull them all back out. Corbin has springs for feet, and after several tries he was able to get out without any help!



Another campsite canyon.

This is the only picture of me - I had Mason take it to prove I was there!

Mason took a good picture of Dori.

The boys spent all morning climbing up this canyon and sliding down.




Mason's shoes kept filling up with dirt, so he just took them off.


Dori even got in on the action!







They never actually caught it, but it wasn't for lack of effort!


Check out those teeth!





Nice jump!



Mason even rode the motorcycle!

Mason's showing Dad around the rocks.





Just down the road from our campsite was a beautiful crack canyon.



The boys were playing "don't touch the ground."



Corbin, Porter, Steph, and Elise

I love this picture. Great smiles!



Still not touching the ground!



What?! It's already time to go?

While I was working on this post, Corbin brought me an icer cream cone. It was immediately taken over by Sage, and she devoured it! I've never given her anything like that, so she was in heaven! She just planted the cone on her face and sucked the icecream out like a bottle!
And she was wired and happy for the rest of the night!

Sage loves Dori. She's snuggled up to her whenever she can get close enough. Dori likes all of the attention!

She looks so comfy sleeping next to her favorite bunny!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love the pic of Sage post ice cream. Classic!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Dev. I love camping in Utah. There are so many cool places to go and see and this place was no exception. Good job to Scott and yourself for finding such a great place to camp with incredible views and lots of fun stuff to do.

Ben

Dev said...

Thanks for your comments - it's always nice to have a response!

Kimmy, as a Wells, I was proud of Sage and the way she downed the icecream! I don't understand Scott and Mason with their missing sweet tooth - it's just not normal!

Ben, We always have so much fun camping with you guys. It's fun to see the boys following in your footsteps with their riding and adventures. You and Scott are amazing with the maps and always find great places for us! I think we need to make popcorn a regular camping tradition - minus the dirt:)

p.s. A few posts back there's a great picture of you jumping on your bike in San Rafael. Don't look too close, though - I cut your head off in one, and the rest off in another, so I photoshopped the two pictures together!