My world!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Kid Talk

I love the conversations in the carpool! Mason: "Sage slept for twenty-fifty thousand hours." Ashton: "That's not even possible! 20-50-thousand hours is like two days!" Corbin: "No way - there's 12 hours in a day, you know. 20-50-thousand hours is about ten days!" Reminds me of younger days when I knew everything!

Corbin told told me, "Mom, you're getting skinnier!" I was thrilled until he started poking my arm and said, "Well, sort of."

Breakthrough with Mason: He is no longer afraid to get drinks at night because, "I'm a good fighter and I can run fast!"

The kids were in the next room talking about using words instead of hitting. (Wow, they actually do listen!) Corbin used an example of when a toddler pulled his hair out for attention..."I'm serious, all of it. I was totally bald..." I guess we need to have more talks about exaggerating!:)

When I was getting Mason to bed Scott came in and said that there was a cat in our yard. Mason asked why that was bad, and I said, "Dogs don't like cats, unless they're having them for lunch." Mason gravely replied, "Oh, yeah, and it's way past lunch time."

I took Mason to the bathroom at a church that had an extra paper towel dispenser down low for kids. Mason said, "It was so nice of Jesus to put one down where I can reach it!"

I ran across this and decided to add it...I went to a party recently where I had to list some interesting facts about myself. Here's what I came up with:
1. I played the french horn in highschool.
2. Scott rescued me from a baracuda on our honeymoon.
3. I've lived in 4 states and moved 14 times.
4. I was introduced to Scott by an old boyfriend.
5. I played the bass drum in a parade.

No comments: