He's also very active and coordinated. He could drop kick a ball shortly after he started walking! He loves to do tricks on his bike, and I have to warn his babysitters that he knows his limits and not to get too nervous! He really wants to start bmx racing. We got him a snowboard for his birthday, and I was worried that he was too young for it. I should have known he'd be fine. He's picked it right up! Even though he's only had a few opportunities to practice, he's a natural! A quick lesson from his dad, and he was already doing jumps and everthing!
Some of my favorite memories of Corbin so far are:
How he ate bananas. It reminded me of how a snake eats - it was one solid motion. He'd just start pushing it in and swallowing as he pushed. The whole thing would be gone in about 30 seconds! It was amazing to watch!
When he was first learning how to talk we were riding in my Dad's car. We heard a really soft, "I don't like it" from the back seat, and looked back to see that his whole carseat had tipped sideways! Maybe that's why he'd such a daredevil now!
He takes his role as big brother seriously, and always makes sure Mason is safe. One day I was out in the front yard. Mason (just little) was on the sidewalk, and a dump truck turned onto our street. He ran to Mason and grabbed him, yelling, "Mom, help!" By the time I got to him they had both tipped over and Mason was laying spread eagle on the sidewalk with Corbin huddled over him! The dump truck turned before it went past our house.
The first time we took a camp trailer camping Corbin was just a couple of years old. He loved talking into the heat vent and hearing how it changed his voice. He was standing there saying "No...no...no" over and over. Not wanting to encourage him to say 'no' anymore than he already did, I suggested he say "echo" instead. He turned back to the heat vent and said, "heck, no...heck, no...heck, no!"
I'd love to hear some other fond memories...if you remember something fun, click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of this post and share!

Caden got to help us start making the pinata for Corbin's party! Does it look anything like a motorcycle?

The finished product!


Corbin put a layer of masking tape around it before we painted it, and it took all 15 kids more than 2 tries to finally break it open!


Present time!

"What do you wish this person..."

Corbin got three nerf guns. Scott and the boys have had a ball with them. We've had nerf darts stuck to our light fixture for a month now!

And this was before the sugar!

1 comment:
I can't believe he is 6!! I don't think I've seen him since that time we got together at the Draper park and he was just a year old maybe?? Oh, and I love the banana thing! My Cole did kind of the same thing! I can't wait to see you later this week!
Post a Comment